The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the purpose of attending Explosive Device incidents?
- Support SAPOL.
- Allow immediate action to be taken in the event of an explosion occurring.
What is the response as per SOP 4 to an explosive device?
- Report of device – 1 pump code green.
- Device located/activated – As per risk category + BA/Hazmat, Commander, On Call CBR Officer.
Considerations on arrival at explosive device incident? 5 points.
- Site appliance well clear without restricting access to other emergency vehicles.
- Crews dismount and use appliance for protection in the event of an explosion.
- Radios and Mobiles not to be used within the combatant zone.
- Charged line with sufficient length to be established.
- Consider using hydrants so appliances can be kept at a safe distance.
Who has authority to evacuate a building during a bomb threat?
Building officer, NOT SAPOL.
Who has authority to evacuate a building if an explosive device is located?
Who is responsible for searching for an explosive device?
Considerations if a suspect device is discovered? 4 points.
- Do not disturb device pending arrival of SAPOL.
- Evacuate all non-essential people from the building.
- Leave doors open to vent an explosion.
- Even small devices can cause widespread damage.
How big is the hot zone when an explosive device has been located?
Can an EWIS be used to assist evacuation?
- If monitored advise comms first and then push MCP.
- If not monitored press MCP.
Considerations if explosive device explodes? 8 points.
- Transmit a greater alarm.
- Consider potential for secondary devices.
- Work from behind protective cover where possible.
- Evacuate non essential personnel to 300 metres or furthest debris + 20%.
- Leave deceased and attend to injured.
- Preserve scene.
- Minimise time personnel are in hot zone.
- Liaise with SAPOL.
Who is the combatant authority at an exploded device?
SAPOL unless a fire results in which case MFS are CA until fire is controlled where authority shall revert to SAPOL.