SOP 22 Helicopter Landing Sites
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What talk groups are used for contacting helicopters?
- TG020 (trunked) is for making initial contact.
- TG040 (simplex) is used when instructed to do so by the pilot.
Who should establish contact between helicopter and landing crews? 2 points.
- Rescue aircraft should initiate contact.
- If it arrives overhead and no contact has been made crews should contact the aircraft prior to landing.
Considerations for selecting a Helicopter landing site? 6 points.
- Scene and evidence preservation.
- Safety of crews.
- Ambulance & Medical crew access.
- Movement of other vehicles.
- Vehicle security.
- 80-100 from incident, downwind if possible.
- Firm ground.
Other considerations for Helicopter landing site? 11 points.
- Clear area 40mx40m of loose items.
- Clear area of rotor diameter (15m) of all obstructions to ground level.
- Clear landing area of 5mx5m.
- Establish wind indicators.
- Warn pilot of excessive dust.
- Warn pilot of overhead wires.
- Utilise appliance headlights converging from 40m to illuminate LZ.
- Appliance beacons activated.
- Use E flares wherever possible.
- Illuminate rear of aircraft at all times.
- All vehicles to have doors and windows closed.
How are helicopters to be approached?
From the side and only after direction from pilot or crew.
Safety concerns with helicopter? 7 points.
- Main rotor.
- Tail rotor.
- Static Electricity.
- Loose objects.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview