Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- -method to analyze the media.
- -process of identifying and counting the number of times something occurs.
Making sense of the events around us. We use story lines through references/knowledge learned through the culture.
Journalists frame their stories.
To be represented in media is a form of power. Absence of representation is absence of power, trivialization, condemnation, marginalization.
We all have several identities - female, male, gay, black, white, deaf, bisexual, etc.
long-held theory which states that media don't tell people what to think, but rather, tell people what to think about.
- P- Production
- creation & distribution of messages/content
- C- Content
- the specific messages
- A- Audience
- who is engaging consuming or interacting with the content
An ordered, more or less consistent picture of the world, to which our habits, tastes, comforts, hopes have adjusted themselves.
AKA - generalization
Social Learning theory
people model behavior that they see in others or from television/film.
Theory that people who watch a lot of TV construct a world view that is like the one they see
Ethnic Media role
- -Provide coverage absent in general market
- -Offer content that better reflects their communities
- -Fundamental role of providing voice to the voiceless
- -Present a more comprehensive picutre
- -Present a more positive picture
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview