Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Stir our emotions
- Make us feel good
- Effortlessly connect with others
- Are open, accessible, warm, receptive, strong and confident
- 3 parts - the set-up, confrontation and resolution
- They should flow. Take the audience on a journey.
- Bring it to life through performance.
Put the most important information at the end of sentences. It will have more impact.
- Always adopt a status of around 7 on a scale of 1-10 (where 10 is high status).
- We should never feel the need to claim status or prove ourselves.
- Be cheery, relaxed and resonant (loving).
- Speak slowly with an interesting tone, harmonious pitch, timbre and volume.
- Replace filler words (like "er", "like", etc) with silence.
- Pauses are powerful.
- Be caring, attentive while listening and react empathically.
- Attune our emotions to those of others.
How do we want people to feel when they interact with us?
Hope is a powerful emotion to leave people with.
Make the audience have a good time
- They want to enjoy themselves and feel at ease.
- They want you to be good.
It may take a short while to warm up. This is normal. It's just 'getting in character'.
You are the expert
People want to know about you and your subject (even if that subject is you).
Play the part
Embrace the artificiality of the situation and engage fully to deliver a show.
We're all actors on a stage
Nobody's who you think they are anyway.
Three circles of concentration
- Intra-personal - internal thinking
- The intimate - concentrating on those close-by
- The group - addressing the broader group
With focus in the third circle, we can drop into the second and first for variety provided we remain in the third too.
We need to star in our own movie
Great communication is all about delivery
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview