The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the dose of miralax?
- Child (18mo-11 years): 0.5-1.5g/kg/day (MED of 0.84g/kg/day)
- Adult (12years+): 17g (1tbn) in 8oz (240ml) of fluid daily
REFERENCE: Harriet Lane
How many drops are in 1ml?
What is the mechanism by which NSAIDs cause gastritis?
- NSAIDs inhibit prostaglandin synthesis.
- Prostaglandin E stimulates gastric mucus production and helps maintain the protective mucin glycoprotein-bicarbonate layer
- Without this layer, gastric mucosa is exposed to the deleterious effects of gastric acid as well as to the proteolytic effects of chief cell-produced pepsin
- This can result in gastritis or peptic ulcers.