Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- New song
- a new song movement through which people stand up for thier own culture for themselves as a culture in the face of oppression by a totalitarian reime or in the fasce of cultural inperialism from abroad
- southern south america 1950s-60s
Mini guitar made from aridillos
Claves, Bongos, Congas, Maracas
Shaken and beaten rhythmic instruments used in both salsa and through out latin america
- Great figure in Nueva Concion
- Used his songs to promote social issues
- killed in 1973 in a massicare/ military coup
- used metaphors
3/4 and 6/8 rhythms at the same time
the use of 2 or more melodic parts
the leader of Chilie for 3 years untill 1973 when there was a military coup.
An assertion that one thing is also something else, a comparison that typically enhances meaning.
Andian vertical notched flute
- Multifaceted artist
- A moving force in the Nueva Concion
- used more traditional music.
- before her, songs were not about peoples problems.
- an ensemble that formed in the 1960s
- Nueva Concion
- Accompanied speakers for Salvador Allende's broad-bassed popular Unity party, which bad brough together workers, peasants and students into a mass movement.
ceremonial panpipe music from the altiplano or hgh plateau of peru-Bolivia
- a language spoken at the upper elevations of the andies mountains
- People who speak this take care of llamas, alpacas and sheep
- Indiginus people of south america before the spanish landed
- 1200-1533 C.E.
Large double headed drum, bass drum
- the melodie is spread out amoung several insturments. When one is playing the others are not.
Small clusters of houses on the slopes of mount cotacachi, 1 of several volcanoes in the andes
- 1860 from saint john
- at that time it refered to either a type of song played at the festival or a type of dance performed at the festival.
- Vocal and instrumental
- dance music
- Harp with a large base with 3 circular holes.
- Played in Imbabura province
- cedar and uses wooden nails.
- Sanjuan, Vacacion
- glope and glopeador
- egual rhythm
- same rhythm
- Sanjuans are
the change between major and its relative minor scales
the rhythm beaten on the harp sound box
musical time keeper
- A childs wake rituals
- a harpist plays a mixture of sanjuans and vacacion through out the night, each played at specific time.
- Cotacachi slopes.
- strongly percussive music
- does not require golpeador
- purely instrumental
- lacks the regular stresses that characterize a particular cycles.
- not dance music
- Played at 2 ritual moments, the outset and any point the child is the center of behavior.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview