The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Client's last period was Feb 1. When is she due?
- Nov 8
- add 9 months and 7 days to last menstral cycle
How to put on/ take off PPE?
On- gown, mask, eye protection, gloves
Off- gloves, eye protection, mask, gown
Full term? FHR? Category x meds for prego women?
- full term is 37-42 wks, FHR 110-160
- birth control, accutane, warfarin (coumadin), cytotec, vaccines for measles, mumps, and small pox
When do you give Rh factor?
Mom is Rh- and dad is Rh +, give Rho(D) immune globulin (RhoGAM) in the 28th wk.
Indication for an amniocentesis?
Women over the age of 35 and those with family hx of genetic or metabloic problems
What is quickening and Braxton Hicks contractions?
- Both are harmless. quickening is the first time baby is felt moving.
- Braxton hicks- harmless, irregualr contractions. These contractions do not contiune to become longer or more painful, like in actual labor.