Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Application review process
Under Chapter 20 code. Once a year review or other as needed
- (a) Any facility intending to provide partial
- hospitalization services shall file an application for a certificate of compliance with the Department under Chapter 20 (relating to licensure or approval of facilities and agencies). A facility shall meet both the requirements of Chapter 20 and this chapter to obtain a certificate.
- Submission of an application does not constitute a certificate to operate pending Departmental approval. Facilities shall be inspected a minimum of once per year, but are subject to visit by the Department’s designee at other times to ensure continuing conformance of the operations of the facility with these regulations. The Department may request the facility to provide information concerning programs and fiscal operations at the Department’s discretion.
§ 5210.6. Goal and objectives (3 of them)
- The goal of partial hospitalization is to increase the level of
- patient functioning. The service may be provided to clients with chronic or acute mental disorders who require active treatment. Its objectives include the following:
(1) The diversion of patients from acute psychiatric inpatient units or to shorten the length of stay.
- (2) Crisis stabilization and treatment of chronically ill
- patients currently in treatment who require more intensive service for some period of time than is provided in outpatient or aftercare programs.
(3) The return to the community of intermediate or long-term patients.
§ 5210.7. Program standards (difference between adult and child programs)
- (1) Partial hospitalization services may be
- directed towards different patient populations. Therefore, two different
- types of partial hospitalization programs are delineated. Adult partial
- hospitalization is a program designed for the treatment of adults with
- acute psychiatric illness, or an acute exacerbation of chronic
- psychiatric illness, or the treatment and rehabilitation of adults who
- are chronically ill and marginally functional and who require a more
- intensive and supervised treatment program than that which is afforded
- by various types of outpatient or aftercare programs. Children and youth
- partial hospitalization programs are designed for the treatment of
- adolescents and children 14 years of age or under as either alternatives
- to inpatient care or as more intensive treatment programs than are
- afforded by outpatient settings.
- (2) Adult partial hospitalization programs may treat
- adolescents under the age of 14 years when clinically appropriate, and
- where specialized children and youth partial hospitalization programs
- are not available. The treatment plan shall specify the appropriateness
- of this procedure. When adolescents are treated in the adult program, a
- specialized program appropriate to their needs shall be developed
- including arrangements for education. Children and youth partial
- hospitalization programs may treat adolescents 14 years of age and older
- when clinically appropriate.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview