- The goal of partial hospitalization is to increase the level of
- patient functioning. The service may be provided to clients with chronic or acute mental disorders who require active treatment. Its objectives include the following:
(1) The diversion of patients from acute psychiatric inpatient units or to shorten the length of stay.
- (2) Crisis stabilization and treatment of chronically ill
- patients currently in treatment who require more intensive service for some period of time than is provided in outpatient or aftercare programs.
(3) The return to the community of intermediate or long-term patients.