Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
- So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male
- and female he created them.
- the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his
- nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.
- "'Do not steal. "'Do not lie. "'Do not deceive one
- God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change
- his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not
- If you make a vow to the LORD your God, do not be slow to pay it, for the
- LORD your God will certainly demand it of you and you will be guilty of
I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses.
- Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day
- and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then
- you will be prosperous and successful.
- Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do
- not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you
- But Ruth replied, "Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you.
- Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be
- my people and your God my God.
Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the LORD deal with
me, be it ever so severely, if anything but death separates you and me."
1 Samuel 12:23-24
- As for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the LORD by failing to
- pray for you. And I will teach you the way that is good and right.
- But be sure to fear the LORD and serve him faithfully with all your heart;
- consider what great things he has done for you.
1 Samuel 15:22
- But Samuel replied: "Does the LORD delight in burnt offerings and
- sacrifices as much as in obeying the voice of the LORD? To obey is better
- than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams.
2 Kings 12:15
- They did not require an accounting from those to whom they gave the money to
- pay the workers, because they acted with complete honesty.
2 Chronicles 6:14-17
- He said: "O LORD, God of Israel, there is no God like you in heaven or
- on earth-you who keep your covenant of love with your servants who
- continue wholeheartedly in your way.
- You have kept your promise to your servant David my father; with your mouth
- you have promised and with your hand you have fulfilled it-as it is
- "Now LORD, God of Israel, keep for your servant David my father the
- promises you made to him when you said, 'You shall never fail to have a man
- to sit before me on the throne of Israel, if only your sons are careful in
- all they do to walk before me according to my law, as you have done.'
- And now, O LORD, God of Israel, let your word that you promised your servant
- David come true.
2 Chronicles 30:21
- The Israelites who were present in Jerusalem celebrated the Feast of
- Unleavened Bread for seven days with great rejoicing, while the Levites and
- priests sang to the LORD every day, accompanied by the LORD's instruments of
- "I know that you can do all things; no plan of yours can be
- Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers.
- But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night.
- He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers.
- Not so the wicked! They are like chaff that the wind blows away.
- Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.
- For the LORD watches over the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish.
- I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in
- You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your
- presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
- Do not hide your face from me, do not turn your servant away in anger; you
- have been my helper. Do not reject me or forsake me, O God my Savior. 10
- Though my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will receive me.
- I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel
- you and watch over you.
- Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your
- Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned
- for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they
- would be too many to declare.
- Then I said, "Here I am, I have come — it is written about me in the
- scroll. I desire to do your will, my God; your law is within my heart."
- I do not hide your righteousness in my heart; I speak of your faithfulness
- and salvation. I do not conceal your love and your truth from the great
- He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the
- shadow of the Almighty.
- I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my
- fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”
- Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snareand from the
- deadly pestilence.
- He will cover you with his feathers,and under his wings you will
- find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield
- and rampart.
- You will not fear the terror of night,nor the arrow that flies
- by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,nor the
- plague that destroys at midday.
- A thousand may fall at your side,ten thousand at your right
- hand,but it will not come near you.
- You will only observe with your eyesand see the punishment of
- the wicked.
- If you make the Most High your dwelling—even the Lord, who is my refuge—
- then no harm will befall you,no disaster will come near your tent.
- For he will command his angels concerning youto guard you in
- all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands,so that you will not
- strike your foot against a stone.
- You will tread upon the lion and the cobra;you will trample
- the great lion and the serpent.
- “Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will
- rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
- He will call upon me, and I will answer him;I will be with him
- in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.
- With long life will I satisfy himand show him my salvation.”
- The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts
- have good understanding. To him belongs eternal praise.
I will not die but live, and will proclaim what the LORD has done.
- How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word. I
- seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have
- hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.
- I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are
- wonderful, I know that full well.
- Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
- in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths
- To Fear the LORD is to hate evil;I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and
- perverse speech.
- Better a little with the fear of the LORD than great wealth with
In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.
- Honest scales and balances are from the LORD; all the weights in the bag are
- of his making.
- A man's steps are directed by the LORD. How then can anyone understand his
- own way?
- Like the coolness of snow at harvest time is a trustworthy messenger to those
- who send him; he refreshes the spirit of his masters.
Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses.
Do not be overwicked, and do not be a fool-why die before your time?
- Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and
- keep his commandments, for this is the whole [duty] of man. For God will
- bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is
- good or evil.
With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation.
- You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts
- in you.
- but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on
- wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not
- be faint.
- So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I
- will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right
- But now, this is what the LORD says — he who created you, O Jacob, he who
- formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have
- summoned you by name; you are mine.
- "You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, "and my servant
- whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I
- am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
- How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who
- proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to
- Zion, "Your God reigns!"
- Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered
- him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted.
- But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities;
- the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are
- "Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of
- injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and
- break every yoke?
- Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly
- appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the LORD
- will be your rear guard.
- Then you will call, and the LORD will answer; you will cry for help, and he
- will say: Here am I. "If you do away with the yoke of oppression, with
- the pointing finger and malicious talk,
- For Zion's sake I will not keep silent, for Jerusalem's sake I will not remain
- quiet, till her righteousness shines out like the dawn, her salvation like a
- blazing torch. The nations will see your righteousness, and all kings your glory;
- you will be called by a new name that the mouth of the LORD will bestow.
- "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set
- you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."
- "This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: 'Write in a book all
- the words I have spoken to you.
- Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions
- never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
- At this, the administrators and the satraps tried to find grounds for charges
- against Daniel in his conduct of government affairs, but they were unable to
- do so. They could find no corruption in him, because he was trustworthy and
- neither corrupt nor negligent.
- "In that day," declares the LORD, "you will call me 'my
- husband'; you will no longer call me 'my master.'
- Then the LORD replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on
- tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time;
- it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly
- come and will not delay.
- Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the
- remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show
- mercy. You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and
- hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.