Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Typical Ribs + features
- Head, crest of head, neck, demifacet, tubercle, body
1st rib features:
- broad, short, sharply curved, single faceted
- groove for subclavian vessels!!!
- scalene muscle tubercle!!!
- no neck or tubercle
Head articulates with C7
Can present as Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
Correlated with high incidence of childhood cancer
Lumbar Ribs- L1, L2
can be misdiagnosed as fracture of L1 transverse process
- Multiple rib fractures cause the thoracic wall to separate from the rib cage.
- This causes paradoxical movement uppon breathing due to unopposed intrapleural pressure
Bottom of xiphoid process
- Jugular notch: T1
- sternal Angle: T4/T5 intercostal space
- Xiphisternal joint: T9
- Bottom of XP: T10
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview