Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
9to the power -2= 1/92=1/81
It's like having the squiggle line
The square root of 9 = 3
9 to the power -1/2 is 1/3
Always the same number
Anything to the power 0 is equal to 1. So 30 = 1, -8240 = 1 and x0 = 1.
17 9xl7 2
- = 17 to the power 11
- When timing indices with same number add the indices together
17 3+17 2
If it turns out that both the bases on the same, then you can, if you like, factor. For example:
2^3 + 2^7 = (2 * 2 * 2) + (2 * 2 * 2 * 2 * 2 * 2 * 2) = (2 * 2 * 2)(1 + 2* 2 * 2 * 2) = 2^3(1 + 2^4).
5. What does the term accuracy mean in relation to measurement?
Accuracy is a measurement of how ACCURATLY an instrument performs at different flow ranges
What does the term precision mean in relation to measurement?
- Precision measures an instrument's ability to REAPEAT a process variable functions accurately.
- Precision = repeatable
What is the difference between an error as a percentage of full scale or an error as
a percentage of reading?
They are more accurate
What does the term "offset error" mean?
9. What is the span?
Where at zero it is ok but it moves apart as it starts to work
.What does the term "Linearity" mean?
An irregular reading over time
What do "URV", "LRV" and "PV" mean?
- Upper range value
- Lower range value
- Process value
What value traditionally goes on the horizontal axis of a graph?
- The value of something goes vertical
13.What is an error bar?
Error bars are a graphical representation of the variability of data and are used on graphs to indicate the error, or uncertainty in a reported measurement.
- V = pie x r2 x height
- 3.1416 x 1.5 squared x 70
What is Turn Down Ratio mean?
Highest usable and lowest usable for t d ratio
Express the number 100 234 in scientific and engineering notation.
- Express the number 100 234 in scientific and engineering notation.
- 1.00234 x 10^ 5 in scientific
- Scientific u have one number and the rest in decimals with the power of
- 100.234 x 10^3
- Engineer is to the nearest gap. Decimal it. Put to the power of that eirrth 3 or 6
- In scientific notation, the goal is to get the base number to be greater than or equal to 1.0, and less than 10. So, in the above examples, the two values in scientific notation were:
- 1.23456 × 1026
- 3.78 × 10-32
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview