The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Tetanus - Diptheria - Pertussis
- Child: 4 doses (2mo, 4 mo, 6 mo, 15-18 mo) of DT or DTap
- Adolescent: Tdap (11-12 years)
- Adult: revaccination required every 10 years
What are the LIVE vaccines?
- Herpes Zoster
- Yellow fever
PPSV - 23
Adults over 65 y.o. -2 dose maximum.
Children must be >2 y.o. w/ compelling indications for vaccination.
3 total (0, 2, 6 months)
- Fluzone for > 6 months of age
- Fluarix > 3 years of age
- Afluria > 9 years
- FluLaval & Agriflu > 18 y.o.
- Fluzone High Dose > 65 y.o.
- Flumist (intranasal live) 2-49 years old, healthy
*contraindicated in pts with egg allergy
2 doses total
one at 12 months and 2nd between 4 - 6 years
contraindicated in pregnancy!
3 doses total - (2, 4, 6 months)
Combo produt available with Hep B = COMVAX
2 doses total separated by 6-12 months.. given greater than 1 year of age.
Menningococcoal Vaccine (Menomune)
Conjugated = Menactra, Menveo
Administer at 11-12 years with booster at 16 years of age
- 2 doses total
- children: one at 12-8 months, next at 4-6 y.o.
- adults - separate by 4-8 weeks\
*Contraindicated in pregnancy
Herpes Zoster Zostavax)
- 13 times the dose of Varivax
- one dose at 60 y.o.
HPV (Cervarix -16,18, Gardasil - 6,11,16,18)
Give between 9-26 years of age. Males can receive Gardasil.
Given at 0, 2, 6 months
DTaP + Hep B + IPV
DTaP + Hib + IPV
- 5 doses total
- given at 2,4,6 18 motnhs, and 4-6 years of age.