Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Pinworms (Enterobius vermicularis)
- -anal itching, restlessness, irritability, nervousness, poor sleep
Whipworms (Trichuris trichiura)
- -abdominal pain, bloody stools, weight loss
Hookworm (Necator americanus and Ancylostoma duodenale)
- Hookworm disease
- -anemia, weakness, fatigue, physical and mental retardation in children
- -in southern areas of the U.S. (wear shoes)
Ascaria (Ascaris lumbricoides)
- -abdominal pain, live worms vomitted or passed in stools
- -seen in pigs and dogs
- -round worms (white)
- -eggs are extremely resistant
Pork tapeworm (Taenia solium)
- variable symptoms depending on location and number of cystercerci in the body
life cycle of pork tapeworm
pig eats worm from human feces- Cysticercus develops in pig- do not cook pork thoroughly and eat it- cysticercus develops into mature tapeworm in small intestine.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview