clin chem 5
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
measures of concentration of abs in blood
anitbody tider equation
agglutination=antigen binding to antibodies
lab technique used to measure concentration of a solution by the intensity of its color
how does colorimtry work?
- serum+reagent---->color change
- the more intense the color the greater the concentration
- Visual colorimetery ex: U/A dipstick
what is the law that colorimetry is based on?
Beers Law: the concentration of a solution is directly proportional to the amount of light absored by that solution and is indirectly proportional th the amount of lighted transmitted thru the solution
what do you need to set up to run tests on the spectrophotometer?
what is the "blank" cuvette in spectrophotometry?
- contains reagent only
- used to zero the machine to 100% transmittance and 0% absorbance
what is the "standard" cuvette in spectrophotometry?
standard solution only (you must buy the solution)
what is the "control" cuvette in spectrophotometry?
reagent+control solution (must buy)
what is the "patient" cuvette in spectrophotometry?
what are two ways of calculation patient concentration?
- A: St. Conc/St. abs=Pt. Conc/ PT. abs
- B: St. Conc/St. abs=Cont. conc/cont. abs
- is the test valid?
C. concentration curve
Dry chemistry analyzers
- Vet testtmmeasure light reflected of reagent pads then calculates concentration
- includes norm ranges
- serum or lithium heparin plasma
How do you preform a manual sperm count
- count 5 of the 25 squares that are divided into 16 tiny squares and count those individual squares
- If touching top or right lines, COUNT
- If touching bottom or left lines, SKIP
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview