Card Set Information
ENT UK Laryngeal dysplasia position paper 2010
Leukoplakia initial management
- completely excised if possible.
- mapped & multiple biopsies & staged resection if feasable. low threshold rebiopsy.
All biopsies mounted
2, ablation discouraged
- rarely, poor access in high grade
Risk factor reduction
severe dysplasia . atypical hyperplasiaand carcinoma in situ - discuss MDT
Decision to treat
10-20% risk of malignant tranformation
=atypical hyperplasia, severe dysplasia orcarcinoma in situ
dysplasia at surgical margins is notconsidered to be an indication for further excision orbiopsy
Lesions that subsequently recur or change inappearance warrant further investigation.
1. severe dysplasia or carcinoma insitu or
2. mild/moderate dysplasia with i Continued smoking.ii. persistent hoarseness.or iii lesion visible on endoscopy.
general ENT surgeons, minimum 6 month
- Head & Neck clinic, as for T1