Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Leukoplakia initial management
- Single/multiple foci - completely excised if possible.
- Widespread/confluent - mapped & multiple biopsies & staged resection if feasable. low threshold rebiopsy.
All biopsies mounted
- Cold steel
- Laser - CO2, ablation discouraged
- Radiotherapy - rarely, poor access in high grade
severe dysplasia . atypical hyperplasiaand carcinoma in situ - discuss MDT
Decision to treat
- 10-20% risk of malignant tranformation
- =atypical hyperplasia, severe dysplasia orcarcinoma in situ
- dysplasia at surgical margins is notconsidered to be an indication for further excision orbiopsy
- Lesions that subsequently recur or change inappearance warrant further investigation.
- High risk1. severe dysplasia or carcinoma insitu or
- 2. mild/moderate dysplasia with i Continued smoking.ii. persistent hoarseness.or iii lesion visible on endoscopy.
- Low risk general ENT surgeons, minimum 6 month
- High risk - Head & Neck clinic, as for T1
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview