Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
CNS brain structures
- Basal Ganglia
- Unable to store glucose
- Continous blood flow and glucose supply needed.
- 15%-20% of cardiac ouput goes to brain via carotic and
- Peripheral nervous system consists of:
- 12 pairs of cranial nerves
- --CN V, VII, IX, and X have both
- 31 pairs of spinal nerves. Damage-->loss of movement and sensation.
- Sympathetic vs. parasympathetic
Assessment of neurological functions
- Glasgow coma scale: Ideal score is 15. Anything less indicates deminished neural functions to some degree. ie, MD may order call to him/her if score drops 2 points.
- Mental status
- --language skills
- Crainal nerve function
- --pupillary, corneal, cough, gag, and swallow routinely assessed. Should be intact pretty much at all times.
- 12 CNs.
- Previous surgery and other treatments?
- Functional health patterns
- Motor function
- --lumbar putncture
- --cebral angiography
- --eeg (electro enecephalogram)
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview