Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
MEU make up?
Marine Expeditionary unit is normally built around the building blocks of a MAGTF. Comprised of a Ground Combat Element (GCE) Aviation Combat Element (ACE) Logistics Combat Element (LCE) and a Combat Element (CE). Roughly 2,200 troops commanded by a Marine Colonel, deployed from an amphibious assault ship.
What is a GCE?
Ground Combat Element, 1200 troops.
What is a ACE?
Air Combat Element
What is a LCE?
Logistics Combat Element, 300 troops
What is a CE and how many troops?
Combat Element, 200 troops.
What types of engineering plants are there?
- Gas Turbine
What ships have reversible pitch propellers?
CG & DDG
- 1.5 times the strength of the detected radar SLQ-32
- 256 NM SPS-49 detects
- 220 NM SPS-48 detects
- 110 NM TAS (mk 23) detects
- 7-9 NM NSSM engages
- 3-5 NM RAM engages
- 1 NM CIWS engages
What type of helo makes up HSM?
SH-60B & 60R
What type of helo makes up HSC?
SH-60F & 60H
what is an OPTASK?
- OPERATIONAL TASKING
- a instruction on how a unit will comply with a warefare area or a mission.
WHAT IS AN OPORD?
- OPERATIONAL ORDER
- sent by a numbered fleet or higher and will give a overall outline on how that fleet will operate.
WHAT IS AN OPGEN?
- OPERATIONAL GENERAL
- normal routine message traffic.
WHAT IS DIM?
- DAILY INTENTIONS MESSAGE
- tells everybody what your unit plans on doing for the day.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview