Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
Developmental timetable based on social norms which sets the stages of life and behaviors considered appropriate to them. EX: Appropriate Age for voting drinking smoking
Begin to make changes in self. thinks about time left in career, life and what they want to do with the rest of their lives.
Big Five "Trait Theory" O.C.E.A.N.
- Openness: Imaginative,curious,artistic, creative, open to new experiances.
- Conscientious:Organized,deliberate,conforming,self disciplined.
- Extroversion: Outgoing,assertive,active.
- Agreeable: Kind, helpful,easy going, generous
- Neuroticism: Anxious,moody,self punishing,critical
Tendancy for men and women to become more similar as they move through middle age. Blurring of sex roles, express similar attitudes.
Adults seek committed sexual partnership to help meet their needs for intimacy. Less than 15% of U.S. marry before 25 and at 40, 85% have married.
1 out of 2 marriages ends in divorce. Reduces income/severs friendship weakens family ties.
Generativity (Mentor) Stagnation
Stage after intamacy VS Isolation, When adults seek to be productive in a caring way. EX: Creativity or Caregiving
Caregiver who takes responsibility for maintaining communication among family memebers. Usually oldest daughter.
- Generation of middle aged people who are supposedly "squezzed" by the needs of the younger and older members of their family.
- Feels pressured not burdened
Extrinisic Rewards of Work
- Tangeable benefits in the form of compensation that one recieves in job.
- Salary, health-insurance, pension
Intrinsic Rewards "job Satisfaction"
- Intangeable Gratification, that come from oneself as a result of doing a job.
- self esteem, pride
Situation, event, experiance or stimulus that causes you to feel stressed.