Card Set Information
secrets of aikininjitsu
What is sho mitsu?
balance point - vector perpindicular to line between heels
ura - protect your own shomitsu
What is ni mitsu
timing and distance to draw opponent in, so they are off balance
What is san mitsu?
3rd secret - connection.
ishin is "one-mind" - connection before the fight, intention
mushin is "no mind" - be flexible during the fight, move from one technique to another if necessary
zanshin is "remaining mind" - stay connected after the fight
ura - thought, word, deed
What is yon mitsu?
Line up off centerline - spine to shoulder
position for strength and away from strength of the other person
What is go mitsu?
Attack the foundation.
Triangular position (like shomitsu, but 2 points rather than 2 vectors)
Put your own foot on those points, or put one of uke's body parts onto one of them.
Ura - question your own beliefs.
What is Rokkumitsu?
Dramatic pause in technique - to set up uke for an even stronger one.
ura - create space for victory
What is nanamitsu?
Controlling the space between uke and nage
Move to next shomitsu and put a weapon in the space uke will go next
Ura - anticipate how people will react based on the elements, and respond accordingly. Advanced form of setting up.
multiple attacker principles
putting on the technique so that uke throws/hurts themselves if they keep coming
depends on alignment
fitting in, suppleness, flow (?)
how does each ground flow start?
1. mount reversal
2. guillotine choke
3. turtling escape for uke
4. pin wrist, knee to side, figure 4
5. stack counter w ankle push over
kime waza (aiki)
1. straigh arm, foot under shoulder, push
2. step over head (pin hand if possible), push
3. arm bar twisting down
4. chicken wing palms up
5. knee on their shoulder, chicken wing
6. straddle w take ori.
kime waza roppo (omote)
1. step over w left
2. step on head w right (to prevent back roll away)
3. step over w left, use heel, r knee into kidney (to prevent rolling away)
4. toe stab into armpit (to prevent rolling toward)
5. knee on bicep
6. roll away, breaking wrist.
kime waza roppo (ura)
1. standing, compress w knees
2. drop L knee on back of elbow
3. staight arm press
4. chicken wing
5. roll onto their shoulder lifting their arm
6. both arms, roll off.