Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is sho mitsu?
- 1st secret
- balance point - vector perpindicular to line between heels
ura - protect your own shomitsu
What is ni mitsu
- 2nd secret
- timing and distance to draw opponent in, so they are off balance
What is san mitsu?
- 3rd secret - connection.
- 3 parts
- - ishin
- - mushin
- - zanshin
- ishin is "one-mind" - connection before the fight, intention
- mushin is "no mind" - be flexible during the fight, move from one technique to another if necessary
- zanshin is "remaining mind" - stay connected after the fight
ura - thought, word, deed
What is yon mitsu?
- 4th secret
- Line up off centerline - spine to shoulder
- position for strength and away from strength of the other person
What is go mitsu?
- 5th secret
- Attack the foundation.
- Triangular position (like shomitsu, but 2 points rather than 2 vectors)
- Put your own foot on those points, or put one of uke's body parts onto one of them.
Ura - question your own beliefs.
What is Rokkumitsu?
- 6th secret
- Dramatic pause in technique - to set up uke for an even stronger one.
ura - create space for victory
What is nanamitsu?
- 7th secret
- Controlling the space between uke and nage
- Move to next shomitsu and put a weapon in the space uke will go next
Ura - anticipate how people will react based on the elements, and respond accordingly. Advanced form of setting up.
multiple attacker principles
- putting on the technique so that uke throws/hurts themselves if they keep coming
- depends on alignment
fitting in, suppleness, flow (?)
how does each ground flow start?
- 1. mount reversal
- 2. guillotine choke
- 3. turtling escape for uke
- 4. pin wrist, knee to side, figure 4
- 5. stack counter w ankle push over
kime waza (aiki)
- on front
- 1. straigh arm, foot under shoulder, push
- 2. step over head (pin hand if possible), push
- 3. arm bar twisting down
- 4. chicken wing palms up
- 5. knee on their shoulder, chicken wing
- 6. straddle w take ori.
kime waza roppo (omote)
- on back
- 1. step over w left
- 2. step on head w right (to prevent back roll away)
- 3. step over w left, use heel, r knee into kidney (to prevent rolling away)
- 4. toe stab into armpit (to prevent rolling toward)
- 5. knee on bicep
- 6. roll away, breaking wrist.
kime waza roppo (ura)
- on front
- 1. standing, compress w knees
- 2. drop L knee on back of elbow
- 3. staight arm press
- 4. chicken wing
- 5. roll onto their shoulder lifting their arm
- 6. both arms, roll off.