Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
state of lost physical fitness
neural input to the central nervous system from mechanoreceptors that sense position and limb movement.
Proprioceptively enriched environment:
unstable (but controlled) environment where exercises are performed that causes the body to use its internal balance and stabilization mechanisms.
Phase of training:
smaller divisons of training progressions thta fall within the three builiding blocks.
The ability of the bodys nerves to effectively send messeges to the bodys muscles
rate of force production:
how quickly a muscle can generate force
- stabilization endurance training:
- goals- improve muscular endurance, enhance joint stability, increase flexibilty
- training- corrective flexibility, low loads, high reps, training in unstable yet controllable environments.
- Strength Endurance Training
- enhance stabilization strength and endurance while increasing prime mover strength.
Hypertrophy- increase muscle size. (superset- one stable one not)
maximal strength- works towards the goal of increasing maximal prime mover strength.
Power - enhances prime mover strength while also improving the rate of force production (how quickly a muscle can generate force.)
- 33% of adults obese
- 16% of teenagers
- 80% of all persons older than 65 have one chronic condition (50% have 2)
- 80% adults have lower back pain
- 1 in 5 have arthritis
- 54% no activity
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview