Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
cardiovascular and respiratory system
heart, blood, and blood vessels
hollow muscular organ that pumps a circulation of blood through the body by means of rhythmic contraction
space in chest between the lungs that contains all the internal organs of the chest, except the lungs
- superior chamber of the heart that receives blood from the veins and forces it into the ventricles.
- Right atrium: deoxygenated blood returning to the heart from the entire body.
- Left atrium: blood from the lungs
- the inferior chamber of the heart that receives blood from its corresponding atrium and forces blood into arteries.
- Left: receives from left artrium and pumps to entire body.
- Right: blood from right atrium pumps to the lungs.
- fluid that circulates in the heart, arteries, capillaries and veins, which carries nutrients and oxygen to all parts of the body and rids the body of waste products. (8% of body weight)
network of hollow tubes that circulates blood throughout the body
vessels that carry blood away from the heart
vessels that carry blood from capillaries toward heart
small terminal branches of an artery, which end in cappilaries
the smallest blood vessels, which connect venules with arterioles
very small veins that connect capillaries to the larger veins.
a system of organs (lungs and respiratory passageways) that collects oxygen from the external environment a and transports it to the bloodstream
move air into body
move air out of the body
does ont require oxygen
biology of energy transormations and exchanges within the body, and between it and the environment.
adenosine triphosphate (atp)
cellular structure that supplies energy for many biochemical cellular proccesses by undergoing enzymatic hydrolysis.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview