The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What does requisitioning mean?
A demand placed on the source of supply
Who is responsible for the overall requistioning process in mm?
The requisitioning element
What are the two types of elements?
Automatic and Special
When will you use special requisitioning?
Only when item cannot be requisitioned under program control
Who requested that the branches all conformed to one set of procedures to fill demands?
SOS (source of supply). So DOD created MILSTRIP
What is the purpose of MILSTRIP?
(Military Standard Requisitioning and Issue Procedures) It's a standard or uniform method of requistioning supplies from the SOS that all branches of service use.
Requistions = DIC __?
Where are requistions submitted to?
SOS automatically under program control
What are automatic requisitions used for?
To fill both customer and stock replenishment requistions
What are the steps that program controls takes when SBSS does not have an item that the customers want?
- 1. Establishes due-out
- 2. Outputs a demand for the item to SOS
- 3 Creates a due-in detail record to keep track of the item until a receipt is outputted.
When are stock replenishment requisitions produced?
When the amount on hand is below the reorder level
What is the key to achieving and maintaining a wellbalanced stock?
Timeliness is giving of stock replenishment requistions
What does program control use to assign a requistion priority?
UMMIPS (Uniform Materiel Movement and Issue Priority System)
What is the purpose of UMMIPS?
To provide a standard way to rank up what item is more important
What does UMMIPS use to tell what is most important?
FAD and UND = Priority Designator
When does the computer establish a DUE-IN?
Every time that item is requisitioned
What does a due-in detail mean?
That SOS owes the requistioning activity an item
Break down the document number...
- F= The branch of service which in this case is Air Force
- B= Type account which is what section that the item is...blahjay... in this case it's supplies
- 4852= Shows the base that demanded the item
- 4033= Julian Date
- 0045= serial number
What does Requisition Exception Codes signify?
- Either 1, that the item was demanded with special procedures or
- Either 2, or stopped by automatic requisitioning
How often must REX codes be validated?
At least once every six months
When should an REX code be deleted?
- Either 1, if the stock number changes to an active NSN or
- Either 2, if the Routing Identifier COde (RIC) changes to a source that will support requirements through MILSTRIP.
What does REX Code 1 mean?
DO NOT REQUISITION because its assigned under program control as a result of MILSTRIP status.
What does REX Code 4 mean?
DO NOT REQUISTION because it was assigned externally to restrict automatic requisitioning.
What does REX code 5 mean?
Additional remarks are needed
What does REX Code A-V mean?
Assigned as needed by major commands/bases
What are the two reasons that special requistionings are used?
- Well, 1st, they are used to update iternal records to support requisitions that were made when the computer was down
- and 2nd, to demand for items that program control does not automatically demand
What TRIC = Special Requisitioning?
Before processing a SPR to demand a requirement, what must you do?
Establish a due-out memo
What does TEX COde 7 do to the materiel?
Keeps the MM computer from automatically producing another demand when the issue is input.
What is status?
Refers to information provided to bases by the source of supply regarding the action taken on a requistion
How may requistion statuses be furnished?
in either supply (DIC AE*) or SHP (DIC AS* or AU) formats
What are the 4 types of MILSTRIP status?
- 1. (+) supply status...BA
- 2. Cancellation..........BS,CA,CG <-------WORST! (1. May not meet sys. req. or 2. a logistical situation)
- 3. In transit or shipped..A-Z,2-9
- 4. Exception or other.....BB,BD,BV
*LOGIStICAL CANCELLATIONs are usually because of budget restrictions or fill or kill requirements
What REX code is used when supply cancels a requistion?
REX 1 which will stop any further requistions until someone corrects the situation that produced the cancellation.
Exception status occurs when?
(-) results from out-of-stock conditions, new requirements, and other conditions that stop the SOS from filling the requistion exactly as it was requested
At base level, program control generates what two types of status?
- Cancellation (ZC/ZD)
- Follow Up ( 99,98,97)
Due in cancellation requests are used to control what?
What does the Status Codes ZC and ZD mean?
- ZC- generated by off-line action
- ZD- automatic
What would you do to request offline cancellation?
- Process TRIC REC with TEX code E
- Input the quantity to be cancelled
- Put ZC in the REC input
According to AF policy, processing supply difficulties will not exceed ___ calender days at any level and therefore should be tracked and suspended.
What is the AF Form 1667?
Supply Difficulty Report
How are offline follow ups processed?
TRIC FLP or AFC
A __ in the reconciliation flag field indicates that AFC action was taken
Action Required Images
Tracer reconciliation program used to identify shipments that have been delayed or misplaced between the SOS and recieveing base.
MILSTAMP Tracer reconciliation program
- ROD program
- Identify all claims payable detials that require a ROD or SDR and for those requiring follow up.
- Ran twice a month
What is the D18?
- Priority Monitor Report
- Provides current management information about the status of priority requirements.
What is the R01?
- Priority Requirements action list
- Reviews priority requirements in a different way than the D18
D.O. are validated how often?
- UND C are validated quarterly
What transaction exception code is coded on the D.O detail and will prevent an automatic due-out release of assets?
1,8,h,u,x, or (.)
What factors are involved in the D.O. release sequence?
FAD, UJC, Project Code and DN date
TEX code 8 on the REC or TIN does what?
Prevent the item from releasing automatically
What does review code M mean?
DOC was created in CAMS
What does review code I mean?
Stock COntrol has reviewed and processed the DOC