The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Superior Attachment: Transverse process of T7-T11
- Inferior Attachment: Subjacent ribs between tubercle and angle
- Innervation: Posterior rami of C8-T11
- Actions: Elevate ribs
Serratus Posterior Superior
- Superior Attachment: Nuchal ligament, spinous process of C7-T3
- Inferior Attachment: Superior borders of 2nd-4th ribs
- Innervation: 2nd-5th intercostal nn.
- Actions: Elevate ribs (largely proprioceptive)
Serratus Posterior Inferior
- Superior Attachment: Spinous processes of T11-L2 vertebrae
- Inferior Attachment: Inferior borders of 8th-12th ribs near their angles
- Innervation: 9th-11th intercostal nerves, subcostal (T12) nerve
- Actions: Depress ribs (largely proprioceptive)