Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
How many bottles for engine fire?
How many for apu?
How many for cargo?
- - 2 bottles, A and B
- - 1 bottle
- - 2 1 high rate and 1 metering that goes at a low rate for 50 minutes.
How is fire detected in the engine?
The cargo compartment?
- Two loops in the engine, with helium and hydrogen that sense overheating.
- One loop with the same gases.
- Two smoke detectors in the ceiling.
What powers the engine 1 detection? Protection?
Engine 2 detection? protection?
Apu detection? Protection
- Engine 1 detection is powered by DC ESS BUS 1
- and protection is on Hot battery 1
- Engine 2 detection is powered by DC ESS BUS 2
- and protection is on Hot Battery 2
- APU fire detection is powered by DC ESS BUS 2
- and protection .
What happens when fire handle is pulled?
- Fuel shut off closes
- Hydraulic shit off valve closes
- Bleed valve is closed.
- Engine lip anti ice shut off.
What illuminates when the fire test is pressed?
- On overhead panel: FIRE BELL, TRIPLE CHIME.
- Both fire handles
- Bagg extg
- Master warning
- Master caution
- On EICAS:
- APU FIRE
- ENG1-2 FIRE
- BAGG SMOKE
- ENG 1-2 FIRE DET FAIL
- APU FIRE DET FAIL
WHAT ARE THE LIMITS ON PRESSING THE TEST BUTTON?
- HOLD THE TEST BUTTON FOR MORE THAN TWO SECONDS BUT NO MORE THAN 10 SECONDS WHILE APU IS RUNNING OR IT WILL SHUT DOWN.
- IF LESS THAN TWO SECONDS THE BAGG EXTINGUISH WILL REMAIN ON AND TEST NEEDS TO BE REDONE. wait six seconds before doing the test again.
WHAT HAPPENS IN THE CARGO IF SMOKE IS DETECTED?
DEACTIVATED THE RECIRC FAN AND LIGHTS UP BAGG EXT BUTTON.
What happens when you press the APU EXT Button?
- closes the APU Fuel Shutoff Valve and fires
- the APU fire extinguisher bottle.
Where are the lavatory smoke detectors located?
Where is the extinguishing bottle located in the the lav?
Is there an indication that the bottle has been discharged?
- One in the lav ceiling and the other near the forward galley.
- located in the waste container and discharges when the sensitive heads melt.
- no indication in the cockpit it has fired.
Do both smoke detectors have to agree that there is smoke to set off the alarm?
No only one needs to recognize the smoke/fire in order to shutdown the recirc fan and illuminate the BAGG Ext light.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview