MTA Web Development Fundamentals Online Expert Session 4
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
- Usesd SQL Express as the database to store members informmaiton in.
- Support users and roles (used to group users)
- can be called with an simple if statement
ASP.NET Membership Controls
- LoginView - Displays username
- LoginControl - Prompts users for credentials
- CreateUserWizard - Multi-page control that walks user through setting up and account including that password and verify the email addres.
- ChangePassword - Lets you change your password
- PasswordRecovery - Send email if you use the forgot password link
- Access buit-in windows user database to authenticate users.
- local user database, active directory
- Allows users in active directory to logon automatically
- Web server can take the users credentials and use them to access resources on the internal network.
- Can access databases that are secure
- No possibility to get higher access
- Disabled by default
Microsoft Passport (Windows Live ID)
No longer used
Microsoft Windows Cardspace
- Provided cross web authentication
- no longer used
What does Validation do
- It ensures that the data entered matched a spicifc format
- It improves securty by blocking bad data improves integrity
- eases data entry and prvides feedback to corrrect forms
- RequriedFieldValidator - user has to imput data
- RangeValidator - validates range of data
- RegularExpressionValidatior - a complex range of number and letters that define a pattern. Hard to write, can find them on the web.
- DynamicValidator - Communitcates back to the server whatever the user has typed without a full postback
- ValidationSummary - list validation errors on a page
Overview of CSS
- Cascading Style Sheetsformats web pages
- Can have mutiple style sheets
- defined with a <link> to attach to a page
- Asssociate a style with a class by staring it with a . (.class)
- Asssociate a style with a control by ID startit with a # (#id)
- Local Settings override style sheet unless the !important is used
Three main types Client Side Storage
- Cookies - Little bits of data stored client side that rember user settings and preferences
- Query Stirngs - added to the URL, allows users to share links. Cross page posting
- Control State/View State - Data is hidden as part of the form
Three types of Server Side Storage
- Session Object - Uneque to each users
- Application Object - Availible to all users and stays in memorgy
- Databases - persistant through restart centralized
Types of Controls
- HTML control - cannot be accessed by
- Server Controls - give access to ASP.NET
- User Controls - care collections of controls
- Custom Controls - more complex then users conrtols
- Can be caught in a try-catch-finaly block
- Finally runs without an exception
- Catch the most spicific exception type possible.
- <customErrors> in the web.config file
- Way to get feedback on your application without debugging.
- Show execution time
- HTTP headers
- Client IP address
- Query String Peramerters
- Every cookie
Page Life Cycle
- Load (most commonly used event)
- Controls are rendered in the event of a postback
- Feature of IIS that allow different application to be isolated from each other.
- Also used to specify a version of the .NET framework
- Windows 2003 allow you to copy application pools
- Web Packages - creates a zip file with a script for automatic deployment on a web server.
- XCopy - just copy the files to the server ftp, explorer
- Publishing - Uses webddploy, can configure application pools and other IIS settings
- Windows Installer Packages - .msi files used to install windows applications. can make configuration changes to the server.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview