Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- 2-5 days per week
- 50-90% max heart rate
- 30-120 min per day
- -based on postural control and not the amount of weight that can be used. MAKE IT FUN
- 1 in 5 r seniors
- 2-5 days per week
- 40-85% of vo3 peak
- 33% of adult pop.
- 15% of childer older than 6
- 60-80% of max heart rate
- *talk test
- chronic metabolic disorder, caused by insulin deficiency, which impairs carbohydrates usage and enhances usage of fat and protein
- 6% of population
- hyper - high blood sugar
- hypo - low blood sugar
- raised systemic arterial blood pressure, whcih if sustained at a high enough level, is likely to induce cardiovascular or end-organ damage
- b-blockers (blunt the heart rate due to exercise)
avg healthy blood pressure:
120-80 mm Hg
coronary heart disease
- 40% of deaths annually
- consult w/ physician
decrease in calcification or density of bone as well as reduced bone mass
- is a decrease in bone mass and density as well as an increase in the space btwn bones, resulting in porosity and fragility
- Type I: mos common postmenopausal women.. deficit in estrogen. decrease in bone mineral density
- Type II: 70 or older
- neck/femur/lumbar vertebrae
- chronic inflammation of the joints
- 50% of persons older than 65
- 15% of pop
- cartilage becomes soft, frayed, or thins out, as a result of trauma or other conditions.
- -hands, knees, hips and spine
- affecting connective tissues, in which there is a thickening of articular soft tissue, and extension of synovial tissue over articular cartilages that have become eroded
- -degenerative joint diseas, immune system attacks own tissue
- malignant neoplasms, invade surrounding tissues, may mestatsize to several sites, likely to recur after attempted removal and to cause death.
- -second leading cause of death
women and pregnancy
after 12 weeks *third trimester no prone or supine postions.
restrictive lung disease:
fibrous lung tissue, which results in a decreased ability to expand the lungs
obstructed lung disease:
altered airflow through the lungs, generally caused by airway obstruction as a result of mucus production.
manifestation of the symptoms caused by peripheral arterial disease
peripheral arterial disease
narrowing of the major arteries that are responsible for supplying blood to the lower extremities.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview