Wordly Wise Lesson 5
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Young and inexperienced, immature
- 1. A person living during the same period as another
- Martha Jane Canary and Annie Oakley were contemporaries.
- 2. Existing or occuring at the same time
- The earthquake was contemporary with the devatation that rackied the targeted city.
Doubtful of other people's motives; skeptical
A ruler with absoulute power and tyrannical control over a group of people
- 1. To pronounce clearly
- 2. To state; to annouce
Anyting that gets in the way; an obstacle
- 1. To make poor
- Uncontrolled gambling can impoverish a person.
- 2. To take away
- Ex. Continual overfarming c impoverishes the soil.
Indulging in ease; avoiding extertion; lazy
Showing sound judgement; wise
- Worldly; not connected with a church or religion
- The choir included a few secular songs in the memorial service.
To think about or make guesses
Conflict or struggle
To show great repect for something/someone
- 1. Ravenous, desiring and eating a great amount of food
- 2. Greatly eager
- I have been a voracious reader since childhood.
To get smaller, dimmer, or weaker; to near an end
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview