Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Anatomy of nephron
- Glomerulus within Bowman's capsule
- Proximal convoluted tubule
- Loop of Henle
- Distal convoluted tubule
- (approximately 1 million nephrons in kidney)
Specific functions of nephron
- Filtration - glomerular capillaries
- Secretion - tubules and peritubular capillaries
- Reabsorption - tubules and peritubular capillaries
- Excretion - collecting duct
Primary functions of kidney
- Waste removal
- Fluid and electrolyte balance maintenance
- Acid-base balance
- Hormone and autocoid secretion
- BP regulation
Blood flow to kidneys accounts for what percentage of cardiac output?
What is normal GFR/minute?
- 110 mL/min = average
- 90 - 130 mL/min
What is normal GFR/hour?
What is normal GFR/day?
What is blood threshold for appearance of glucose in urine?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview