Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
intellectual movement at heart of Renaissance that focused on education and classics
study of subjects such as grammar, rhetoric, poetry, and history, that were taught in ancient Greece and Rome
- Florentine who lived in 1300s who was a Renaissance humanist, poet, and scholar
- built library of Greek and Roman writings
- city in Tuscany region of northern Italy
- center of Renaissance
artistic technique used to give paintings and drawings a 3D effect
- studied structure of human body --> realistic art
- paintings Mona Lisa and The Last Supper
- "melancholy genius" because work reflects life-long spiritual and artistic struggles
- marble David and Pieta
- murals on ceiling of Sistine Chapel in Rome
- dome of St. Peter's Cathedral in Rome
- admired for "sweet and gracious nature"
- blended Christian and classical styles
- painting The School of Athens
author of The Book of the Courtier
wrote The Prince about ruthless power politics
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview