The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What does ADM stand for?
Aeronautical Decision Making
What does CRM stand for?
Crew Resource Management
What percent of accidents are caused by human factor related aviation accidents?
What does SRM stand for?
Single-Pilot Resource Management
What is the DECIDE model?
- D-etect the fact that a change has occurred
- E-stimate the need to counter or react to the change
- C-hoose a desirable outcome for the success of the flight
- I-dentify actions which could successfully control the change
- D-o the necessary action to adapt to the change
- E-valuate the effect of the action
What does CFIT stand for?
Controlled Flight Into Terrain
What is spacial disorientation?
Occurs when there is a conflict between the signals relayed by your central vision and information provided by your peripheral vision.
What is vestibular disorientation?
Three semicurcular canals and the vestibule in the inner ear that percieve gravity and acceleration - small hairs move with fluid and can become disoriented during gradual movements.
Not enough molecules of oxygen available
Blood is not able to carry sufficient amount of oxygen - caused by carbon monoxide poisoning, blood loss, etc
Oxygen dificiency due to poor circulation. Pulling too many Gs, cold temperatures, etc
Inability of cells to effectively use oxygen - due to alcohol, drugs, etc
- 12,500 ft - flight crew must use after 30min
- 14,000ft - flight crew must use oxygen for duration
- 15,000ft - flight crew must use and oxygen must be provided for each passenger
Scuba Diving Requirements - Wait Time ascending 8,000msl w/o controlled ascent
Scuba Diving Requirements - Wait Time ascending 8,000msl w/controlled ascent
Scuba Diving Requirements - Wait time ascending above 8,000msl regardless
Too much carbon dioxide has been eliminated from the body - caused by breathing too rapidly or too deeply. Fix - breathe into a bag, talk out loud
No flying within eight ours of using alcohol, or having a blood alcohol level of .04% or higher.