DHC-6-300 Turbine Engines
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What kind of engines do we have?
- PT6A-27 / PT6A-34
- Pratt & Whitney
- Reverse flow, annular combustion, free turbine engines.
How many turbines per engine?
- 2 turbines in each engine -
- - 1 Compressor turbine (driving the compressor)
- - 2 Power turbine (driving the propeller)
What is the flow of air / fuel through a PT6?
- 1. Intake (reverse flow)
- 2. Compressor
- --3 Axial
- --1 Centrifugal
- 3. Combustion chamber
- -- Annular (means circular)
- 4. Compressor Turbine (drives the compressor section)
- 5. Power turbine (drives propeller)
- 6. Exhaust (reverses flow again)
Where is T5 measured?
Between the compressor turbine and the power turbine.
What does free turbine mean?
In the PT6, the power section and compressor section are not connected (free)
What PSI is the engine driven fuel pump?
What PSI do the fuel nozzels spray at?
How many combustion chambers per engine?
1 chamber (annular)
2 per engine
How many fuel nozzles are on each engine?
- 14 fuel nozzles per engine -
- - 10 primary
- - 4 secondary
- 4 fire detectors per engine -
- - 2 front, activate at 450 degrees (power section)
- - 2 rear, activate at 300 degrees (compressor section)
When does the oil pressure light turn on?
If oil cap is loose / comes off
You have 8 minutes before engine quits
What is a hung start?
The secondary fuel nozzles did not engage / failed to ignite & / or engine stops accelerating all together for whatever reason
What kind of oil for the PT6?
Mobile Jet II
PT6 oil quantity
- Oil tank quantity - 2.3 US gallons
- Oil useable - 1.5 US gallons
- Oil normal quntity - 1-2 quarts low
Gas generator speed
stationary compressor blades
8 per engine - they measure the temperature of the air.
How many engine mounts?
3 per engine
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview