Which pronouns were added to the language during ME (i.e., which pronouns didn’t develop from OE via sound changes), where they came from (if it’s known), and why the language added them (i.e., what would have happened to the pronoun system if all pronouns had just followed regular sound changes).
- OE had 1st, 2nd person- singular, dual, plural.
- ME had singular, plural (no dual)
- ME sg: "thou" pl: "you" -came from French
- new form, 3rd sg: feminine "she" -unknown olrigin
- 3rd person pl: "they" -from Old Norse