Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
the inner city is the zone of the city that is located around the
the inner city is the ...... oldest part of a city and has caused lots of problems for the councils over the years e.g.
- lack of greenery/open space for people to enjoy
- old derelict buildings (potentially dangerous and easy to vandalize)
- crime/antisocial behavior
what are the environmental problems in inner cities
- housing is either cheap tower blocks or old terraces
- shortage of open space , most of what exists is wasteland
- many derelict buildings - factories , warehouses , churches , houses and flats - often vandalised
what are the social problems in inner cities
- above average numbers of pensioners , single parent families , ethnic minorities and students
- diffficult community-police relations
- poorer than average levels of health
- higher than average levels of drug abuse and crime
what are the economic problems in inner cities
- local emplyment declined as industries and docks closed
- higher than average rates of unemployment , especially for the young and ethnic minorities
- high cost of land compared with the suburbs
- low income and widespread poverty
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview