Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Most commonly found in plant cells
- protection, support and shape
- lets some things in and/or out of the cell
- acts as a boundary layer to contain the cytoplasm (fluid in cell)
- Structure - sheets of unit membrane with ribosomes on the outside
- - forms a tubular network throughout the cell
- Function - transports chemicals between cells and within cells
- - provides a large surface area for the organization of chemical reactions and synthesis
- - produces turgor pressure against cell wall for support
- - stores water and various chemicals
- - may store insoluble wastes
- INside are folded membrane which provides a larger surface area where enzymes for respiration are attached.
- site of cellular respiration ie. the release of chemical energy from food
- Glucose + Oxygen ------> Carbon Dioxide + Water + Energy
Chemically modifies, stores and distributes substances made by the endoplasmic reticulum
site of photosynthesis
chlorophyll Carbon Dioxide + Water ---------------> Glucose + Oxygen radiant energy (food)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview