Biology ch 1&2
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is Energy?
The ability to work.
What is Metabolism?
All the chemical reactions that occur in a cell.
What is Photosynthesis?
A process that converts solar energy into the chemical energy of carbohydrates.
What is Homeostasis?
- Maintenance of internal conditions within certain boundaries.
- Ability to maintain a state of biological balance
- Feedback systems monitor internal conditions and make adjustments.
What is stimuli?
Living things interact with the environment and respond to changes in the environment.
What are genes?
- Copies of genetic information.
- Determine characteristics
- composed of DNA
Characteristics of life?
- 1. Reproduce and develop
- 2. Adaptations
What is adaptation?
Any modification that makes an organism better able to function in a particular environment.
Change in a population of organisms over time to become more suited to the environment.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview