Wordly Wise Lesson 9
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The power to lure or charm
- 1. The ancient world, espescially before the Middle Ages
- 2. Valuable objects from ancient times
- 1. To estimate the value of something
- 2. To form a judgement of; to evaluate
- 1. To cling to or be faithful to
- 2. To split with force or with a sharp instrument
- 1. To make or become less in value
- Real estate in a good location is good because it seldom depreciates
- 2. To respresent as unimportant; to belittle
- 1. Any of the small, flat surfaces on a stone when cutting
- 2. One of many aspects of something
An exact copy
Incapable of being penetrated
Hard to describe beacuase of lack of distictive qualities or features
The state of being in doubt of what to do.
- 1. To lie at rest
- 2. To place something into a person or group
- The nation reposes its trust in the fairness of the court system.
- 1. To flash and sparkle
- 2. To be lively and witty
To examine with great care
Man-mad; not natural; made by artificial process
- To change the form or appearence of something
- Alchemists attempted to transmute basic elements into gold.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview