The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
onset, location, duration, characterize, associating factors, relieving factors, temporal, severity
Format of medical history
PS Format for Children Health Review (PSFCHR)
- Past medical hisory,
- social history,
- family history,
- chief complaint,
- history of present illness,
- review of systems
Family can be biologic or ___?
- family tree (pedigree) that shows important characteristics of family, relatives
married couples without children....married couples with young ones...married couple with teenagers....aging family
A family is more than the sum of its parts because it is a?
Systems (families) have roles, rules...if things change, there is a pull from the system to not change
Circumplex model (communication, cohesion, flexibility)
Outcomes of involving family?
- fewer medical errors,
- fewer legal actions,
- greater patient satisification,
- greater prognosis
Five family oriented questions to ask as primary care physician
- 1. has anyone else in family had this problem
- 2. what do family members believe caused the problem
- 3. who in family is most concerned
- 4. any recent changes in your life (Stress)
- 5. how can you family/friends be helpful at this stage
Four core concepts of patient and family centered care?
- Dignity and Respect
- Information sharing