The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is American Dental Association (ADA)?
In what year the ADA established?
The ADA is the national professional organization for dentist. This group was established in 1859. Occasionally they update infection control recommendations as new information becomes available. ADA publishes informational reports on emerging issues of interest to the dental community. It is a voluntary programs and companies commit to test products to earn the seal of the ADA.
Why are professional organizations a vaulable resource?
Organizations have current infection control and professional information.
What is one of the most important roles of a dental assistnat?
Recognize and understand the roles of the governement agencies and professional organizations that have a direct influence on dentistry. Mainly true in infection control, chemicals, and other occupational health and safety issues.
What is the American Dental Assistants Association (ADAA)?
What members other than the Dental Assistant is in the association?
What do the encourage the most?
The ADAA is the national professional organization for dental assistants. This association includes clinical personnel who work chairside with dentist, as well as the receptionist, the office manager and those working behind the scenes in dental product sales, insurance, and education. The ADAA encourages education, registration, and certification for dental assisting professionals.
What are a few things of the ADAA creed?
- To be loyal to my employer, my calling, and myself
- To develop initiative
- To be prepared to visualize, take advantage of and fulfill the opportunities of my calling.
- To be a co-worker
- To be enthusiastic
- To be generous
- To be tolerant
- To be friendly
- To be respectful of other persons viewpoint & condition
- To be systematic
- To know the value of time for both my employer and myself
- To safeguard my health
- To be courteous
- To walk on the side of the street
What does the American Dental Hygienists' Association (ADHA) provide its members with?
What is the mission of the organization?
- Professional support, educational programs, and opportunities to participate in the organization.
- The mission of the organization is to advance the art and science of dental hygiene, and to promote the highest standards of education and practice.
What does OSAP stand for?
Who does the organization compose of?
- Organization for Safety, Asepsis and Prevention.
- Dentists, Dental hygienists, dental assistants, government representatives, dental manufacturers, university professors, researchers, and dental consultants, and any other that want to promote infection control and science based health and safety policies and practices.