Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- v. 1. To cause to feel unfriendly where friendliness once existed.
- 2. To cuase to feel alone or cut off from.
adj. Having or showing great warmth or deep feelings; intensely eager.
Staring intently at the jury, Clarence Darrow made a fervent plea for his clients life.
n. A showing self control or patience.
adj. Easily tricked or cheated; too trusting.
n. Any person or thing that is an obstacle.
adj. Causing anger or trouble.
- v. 1. to order or prearrange.
- 2. To install as a minister, priest, or rabbi, often in a special ceremony.
n. An enthusiastic reception; long and loud applause.
adj. Not hidden; public.
v. To take bake an opinion or statement; to confess to being wrong.
n. A reply to what has been said.
- v. To find fault with; to blame .
- n. Blame, disgrace, or discredit.
adj. Like a slave; excessively humble.
v. To exceed or go beyond
v. To make insulting remarks about; to slander.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview