Biomed module 1
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Cranial Cavity
- Formed by cranial bones and contains brain
- Vertebal Cavity
- formed by vertebral column and contaisn the spinal cord and begainings of spinal nerves.
- Thoracic cavity
- Chest cavity; superior portion of ventral body cavity; contains pleural and pericardial cavities and mediastinum.
- Pleural Cavity
- each surrounds a lung;the serous membrane of the pleural cavities is the pleura
- Pericardial Cavity
- surrounds the heart
- serous menbrane of pericardial cavity =pericardium
- central portion of the thoracic cavity between the lungs; extends from sternum to vertebral column and from nect to diaphragm; contains heart, thymus, esophagus, treachea, and several large blood vessels.
- Divided from the ventral by the Diaphram
- Abdominal Cavity
- contains stomach, spleen,liver, gallblader, small intestine, and most of the large intestine; the serous membrane of the abdominal cavity is the peritoneum.
- Pelvic Cavity
- contains urinary bladder, portions of large intestine, and internal organs of reproduction.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview