ACES - Army Continuing Education Center
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What regulation covers the ACES?
What regulation covers Army Learning Centers?
What are the goals of ACES?
Develop confident, competent leaders.
- Support the enlistment, retention, and transition of soldiers.
- Provide self-development opportunities for soldiers and adult family members.
- Provide self-development opportunities for DACs.
- Provide self-development opportunities for DAC ACES professional and support staff.
What does TABE stand for?
Test of Adult Basic Education
How much of your tuition does the tuition assistance grant pay?
Name some federal financial aid programs available to Soldiers through ACES
- Pell Grant
- Perkins Loans
- Guaranteed Student Loans
What are some of the basic services offered by the Army Continuing Education Center?
- Basic Skills Education Program (BSEP)
- Advanced Skills Education Program (ASEP)
- High School Completion Program
- Service members Opportunity Colleges Associates Degree Program (SOCAD)
- Veteran's Educational Assistance Program (VEAP)/Montgomery G. I. Bill (MGIB)
- Skill Recognition Programs
- Command Language Programs (Head start - Gateway)
- Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES)
- Education Counseling Services
- Learning Resource Centers
What Soldier development programs does ACES provide?
- Functional Academic Skills Training (FAST).
- High School Completion Program.
- English-as-a-Second Language (ESL)
- Mission-related Language (Head start and Gateway).
- Mission-required Language.
- MOS Improvement Training (MOSIT).
What does DANTES stand for?
Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support
What does DANTES do?
DANTES provides standardized testing services free to military personnel. Family members and civilians may take DANTES tests but must pay for each test taken.
Soldiers with a GT score of less than 110 should be referred to what?
BSEP - Soldiers with a GT less than 100 are normally automatically eligible. Soldiers with a GT between 100 and 110 may be command referred.
Soldiers who begin their active service after what date are eligible to receive the new GI Bill?
July 1985, but they are required to pay $100 per month for the first 12 months
What does SOC stand for?
Service members Opportunity Colleges
What does SOCAD stand for?
Service members Opportunity College Army Degrees
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview