Card Set Information
What is the definition of Anotomy?
The study of the structure of the human body.
Putting things together from slices
What is the definition of Physiology?
The study of the function of the human body.
-most important branch is the study of homeostasis.
What are the subdivisions of anatomy?
- The first 8 weeks of development
- All stages of development
- Cell structure and function
- Microscopic structure of tissue
- Surface markings of the body
- Structures viewed w/o a microscope
- Structure of a specific system
- Specific regions of the body
- Body structures visualized with X-ray, CT, or MRI
- Structural changes with disease
What are the Subdivisions of Physiology?
- Functional properties of nerve cells.
- Hormones and how they control body function
- Function of the heart and blood vessels
- How the body defends itself against disease causing agents
- Function of the air passageways and lungs.
- Function of the kidneys
- Changes in cell and organ functions as a result of muscular acivity
- Functional changes associated eith disease and aging
Levels of Organization of the Human Body?
Chemical - Atomic and Molecular