The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the definition of Anotomy?
- The study of the structure of the human body.
- tomy= cutting
Putting things together from slices
What is the definition of Physiology?
- The study of the function of the human body.
- -most important branch is the study of homeostasis.
What are the subdivisions of anatomy?
- Embryology- The first 8 weeks of development
- Developmental Biology- All stages of development
- Cell Biology- Cell structure and function
- Histology- Microscopic structure of tissue
- Surface Anatomy- Surface markings of the body
- Gross Anstomy- Structures viewed w/o a microscope
- Systemic Anatomy- Structure of a specific system
- Regional Anatomy- Specific regions of the body
- Radiographic Anatomy- Body structures visualized with X-ray, CT, or MRI
- Pathological Anatomy- Structural changes with disease
What are the Subdivisions of Physiology?
- Neurophysiology- Functional properties of nerve cells.
- Endocrinology- Hormones and how they control body function
- Cardiovascular- Function of the heart and blood vessels
- Immunology- How the body defends itself against disease causing agents
- Respiratory physiology- Function of the air passageways and lungs.
- Renal physiology- Function of the kidneys
- Exercise physiology- Changes in cell and organ functions as a result of muscular acivity
- Pathophysiology- Functional changes associated eith disease and aging
Levels of Organization of the Human Body?
- Chemical - Atomic and Molecular