Audie Murphy SAMC
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards
. What would you like to do?
"You lead from the front."
FORSCOM REG 215-7
TRADOC REG 600-14
S*A*M*C: Initials separated by three stars whichrepresent the
Be, Know, and Do for the NCO
SSG Rank Insignia: Reflects
Audie Murphy's highest enlisted rank.
The Eagle reflects
Our national bird and symbol of freedom, theintent of the club to be nationwide.
The Laurel: Represents
the individual achievement of the NCOs in the club.
The Lightning Bolt: Represents
swift and decisive action taken by the NCO.
The Sword represents
A historical reference, a tool for the NCO to cut to the heart of the matter, to lead the charge.
Indicate upon which we base our philosophy
The crest was designed by one of the original organizers of the club, Mr. Don Moore, Illustrator of Killeen, Texas. The crest depicts the symbols of the majestic American Bald Eagle superimposed over the olive branch-wreath, saber, and lighting bolt. In front of the eagle are the U.S. Army staff sergeant stripes. The eagle firmly clutches in both claws a powder-blue banner, the color of the infantry. On the banner are displayed words Loyalty, Caring, Discipline, and Professionalism.
Audie Murphy’s Movie Titles
- 40 Guns To Apache Pass
- A Time For Dying
- Apache Rifles
- Arizona Raiders
- Bad Boy
- Battle At Bloody Beach
- Bullet For A Badman
- Cast A Long Shadow
Songs Written By Audie Murphy
- Big, Big Day Tomorrow
- Dusty Old Helmet
- Elena, Goodbye
- Foolish Clock
- Go On And Break My Heart
Audie Murphy's Military Award List
Medal of Honor Distinguished Service Cross Silver Star with First Oak Leaf Cluster Legion of Merit Bronze Star Medal with "V" Device and First Oak Leaf Cluster Purple Heart with Second Oak Leaf Cluster
Where and when was Audie Murphy born?
Kingston, Texas - June 20, 1924
How many years of schooling did Audie Murphy have
At what age was Audie Murphy orphaned?
Where did Audie Murphy do basic training?
Camp Wolters, Texas 5. Where did Audie Murphy
Where did Audie Murphy do advanced training?
Fort Meade, Maryland
What unit was Audie Murphy assigned to during World War II?
15th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division
Where did Audie Murphy fight during WWII? •
North Africa, Sicily, Italy, France, and Germany
What was the Service Number of Audie Murphy
01 692 509
How many movies did Audie Murphy act in?
How many songs were written by Audie Murphy?
What movie star invited Audie Murphy to Hollywood?
What movie was adapted from the book of Audie Murphy’s war experiences?
• To Hell And Back
Which unit of the Texas Army National Guard did Audie Murphy join in 1950?
• The 36th Infantry Division ("T-Patches")
What is significant about the year 1955 for Audie Murphy?
• That was the year his was voted as the Most Popular Western Actor in America by the Motion Picture Exhibitors
Was Audie Murphy a member of any fraternal organizations?
• Yes, he was a Shriner (Mason)
When and how did AUDIE MURPHY die?
• AUDIE MURPHY was killed in a plane crash on a mountaintop near Roanoke, Virgina on May 28, 1971. His body was recovered 2 days later, on Memorial Day
What regulation(s) cover the Sergeant Audie Murphy Club Program? •
(TRADOC) Regulation 600-14, Sergeant Audie Murphy Club (SAMC) Program
According to TRADOC REG 600-14, what is the purpose of induction into the Sergeant Audie Murphy Club?
The SAMC is a means of recognizing those NCOs who have contributed significantly to the development of a professional NCO Corps and combat ready Army. Members exemplify leadership characterized by personal concern for the needs, training, development and welfare of soldiers and concern for families of soldiers
According to TRADOC REG 600-14, what is the Sergeant Audie Murphy Club?
• An elite organization of NCOs whose demonstrated performance and inherent leadership qualities and abilities are characterized by those of Sergeant Audie Murphy
When and where was the original Sergeant Audie Murphy Club started?
• The original club was started at Fort Hood, Texas early in 1986
Who designed the SAMC logo?
• Don Moore, a Killeen artist, assisted with designing the logo and club awards
Describe the SAMC Crest.
• The crest depicts the symbols of the majestic American Bald Eagle superimposed over the olive branch-wreath, saber, and lighting bolt. In front of the eagle are the U.S. Army staff sergeant stripes. The eagle firmly clutches in both claws a powder-blue banner, the color of the infantry. On the banner are displayed words Loyalty, Caring, Discipline, and Professionalism
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview