The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the components of taking a pt history?
- - intro
- - general qu
- - general history
- - specific respiratory history- disease, symptoms, management
- - exercise tolerance
- - social hx
When taking a pt history what do you want to do in ur intro?
- - tell them who you are and why you are there
- - what you are doing
- - consent
General qu you need to ask
- - baseline- what is normal for them
- - past Hx- may impact on treatment
- - discharge planning
- - any previous surgeries
what speific respiratory history are you looking for
- - any neuro illness- parkinsons, stroke
- - any problems with heart
what qu will you ask in relation to respiratory disease
- - do you smoke- how many/ how long
- - any respiratory illness
- - emphysema, bronchitous, pneumonia, asthma
- - meds, seeing someone, been in hospital w before
- - what sory of physio treatment have you had in the past
Qu in relation to respiratory symptoms
- - do you normally have a cough
- - if so amount of sputum cough up each day
- - colour
- - how often
- - can you normally lie flat when you sleep- if not pt may have a heart condition.
- - how many pillows do you sleep with?
How do you manage ur respiratory disease?
What qu will you ask ur pt in relation to exercise tolerance
- - when well how far can you walk before you stop, what causes you to stop?
- - do u need assistance walking?
- - regular exercise
what qu will you ask in relation to social history?
- - live @ home?
- - house/ unit
- - steps
- - live with anyone- will they assist you when you go home
- - are you a career for anyone
Note you neeed to modify your history at times
- if pt has SOB
- seeing them a second time