Card Set Information
taking pt history
What are the components of taking a pt history?
- general qu
- general history
- specific respiratory history- disease, symptoms, management
- exercise tolerance
- social hx
When taking a pt history what do you want to do in ur intro?
- tell them who you are and why you are there
- what you are doing
General qu you need to ask
- baseline- what is normal for them
- past Hx- may impact on treatment
- discharge planning
- any previous surgeries
what speific respiratory history are you looking for
- any neuro illness- parkinsons, stroke
- any problems with heart
what qu will you ask in relation to respiratory disease
- do you smoke- how many/ how long
- any respiratory illness
- emphysema, bronchitous, pneumonia, asthma
- meds, seeing someone, been in hospital w before
- what sory of physio treatment have you had in the past
Qu in relation to respiratory symptoms
- do you normally have a cough
- if so amount of sputum cough up each day
- how often
- can you normally lie flat when you sleep- if not pt may have a heart condition.
- how many pillows do you sleep with?
How do you manage ur respiratory disease?
What qu will you ask ur pt in relation to exercise tolerance
- when well how far can you walk before you stop, what causes you to stop?
- do u need assistance walking?
- regular exercise
what qu will you ask in relation to social history?
- live @ home?
- house/ unit
- live with anyone- will they assist you when you go home
- are you a career for anyone
Note you neeed to modify your history at times
- if pt has SOB
- seeing them a second time