Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- - strong desire, an impatient want
- s. enthusiasm
- a. disinterest
was so great that I ran out of energy.
When it comes to homework, I have absolutely no eagerness
- verb- a strong shake out of fear or cold
- s. quiver, shiver
- a. steady
Every time I watch a scary movie, I shudder
When I heard the wooden floor creek, I shuddered
- adjective-to treat someone egotistically, snooty
- s. arrogant
- a. respectful
It is not polite to be scornful
When I was younger, people would be scornful
- adjective- specific to a person, place or thing
- s. unique
- a. abnormal
dish tasted better than it looked.
object in the backyard was a broken basketball.
- adverb- no appearance of shame
- s. immodestly
- a. ashamed
My brother shamelessly
lies to my mother sometimes.
The girl shamelessly
lied about her grades.
- verb- glistened with a shaking light
- s. gleammed, glow
- a. dulled, darkened
The light shimmered
so bright, it woke me from my nap.
The sun rays shimmered
on the water which caused the appearance of a rainbow.
- verb- to pierce through something
- s. thrust, barge
- a. withdraw, exit
When the pencil penetrated
though my pants, my Grandma had to sew the pants for the next day.
In sewing, the needle must penetrate
the material to bound it.
- - full of energy and will
- s. exuberant, active
- a. idle, weak
lifestyle keeps her young.
Every time I have coffee, I become excitedly vigorous
- adjective- a sharp impression or appearance with color
- s. brilliant
- a. dull, boring
colors of the rainbow can be seen for miles.
decorations made the party even more enjoyable.
When ever my dad is solemn, I know it will be a long day.
- adjective- serious, in a grave mood
- s. glum, somber
- a. funny, laughing
When I am tired, I feel solemn.
- verb- to make a copy or duplicate of something
- s. counterfeit, reproduce
- a. original, prime
I love to replicate
my duct tape purses.
I tried to replicate
a Romero Britto painting but failed miserably.
- - the study of electronics and how they work.
- s. automation, computers
- a. none
My house is full of technology
My dad knows all about technology