The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What type of engine on the E145? E140
What is the thrust rating?
- AE 3007 A1P, AE 3007A13
- 8169lbs, 7426lbs
Where is the first stop a molecule of air will hit when entering the engine? and what does it contain.
- The N1 Fan.
- 24 blade single stage fan.
After entering the Fan where does air go?
- is split between bypass stream or core stream.
- 5 to 1 bypass ratio.
If air enters into the core stream what happens?
what happens in there?
- goes through the high pressure compressor.
- consists of 14 stages of compression.
- stages 1to 5 have CVGs compressor variable geometry and inlet guide vanes.
What are CVGs?
Describe how they work.
- Compressor Variable Geometry
- The inlet guide vane changes angle to make the compressor more efficient. FADEC senses the position with relation to N2 and adjusts it accordingly.
As air enters the high pressure compressor where can it escape?
from the 9th and 14th stage compressor.
After the air goes through the 14 stages of compression where does it go?
Enters the combustion chamber and mixes with fuel.
how many fuel nozzles do each engine have ?
16 nozzles in each engine.
Where happens after fuel is ignited in the combustion chamber?
The exhaust drives the high pressure turbine which turns the high pressure compressor.
After high pressure turbine where does air go?
- Exhaust air drives low pressure turbine which turns the N1 Fan.
- Then mixes with bypass air in the mixer to provide thrust.
What is on the accessory gearbox? what is it driven by?
- FPMU Puel Pump Metering Unit
- Air Turbine Starter
- Hydraulic pump
- Oil pump
- Permanent Magnet Alternator PMA
- Driven by the tower shaft that is connected to N2
What does the FPMU do?
Controls and supplies fuel to the engine nozzlesat correct pressure and flow rate. Operates under authority of the FADEC.
What is contained in the FPMU?
- low pressure centrifugal pump and high pressure gear pump.
- centrifugal pump raises the pressure for the high pump.
What is the FCOC? What does it do
Fuel Cooled oil cooler. Cools the engine's oil and warms the fuel. Gets fuel from the centrifugal pump in the FPMU.
What is a PMA? What does it do?
- Permanent Magnet Alternator
- is the electrical power for both engine Fadec's and ignition system.
- PMA is the only source for the igniters, if no PMA no spark.
- Provides power to the ignition system above 10%N2 and power the FADECS above 50% N2
- Provides power to thrust rating modes if electrical emergency.
What is the purpose of the oil tank?
How much oil does it contain?
- stores enough oil for lubrication of the engine and accessory gearbox.
- 12 qts.
What does the ACOC do?
- the air cooled oil cooler
- uses a valve to allow oil either in or bypass the cooler depending if the oil is cold or hot.
how many FADECs on each engine?
Are they fully redundant?
Where does it get its power from?
- A&B on each engine.
- They are fully redundant
- Gets power from PMA up until 50%N2 on engine start.
What information do the FADECs communication to the other engines FADEC?
Thrust reverser interlock and ATTCS Automatic Takeoff Thrust Control System.
Thrust Rating Buttons:
When can CON be pressed?
When can CLB be pressed?
When can CRZ be pressed?
- when pressure altitude is above 300ft. above takeoff altitude, landing gear is up, or when pressure altitudeis greater than 1700 ft. above takeoff altitude.
- pressure altitude is greater thatn 500 ft. above takeoff altitude, gear is up, no single engine.or pressure altitude is greater than 1700 ft. both engines operating.
- pressure altitude >than 500 ft. above takeoff altitude, gear is up, both engines operating. or when pressure altitude is >1700 ft with both engines operating.