Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
21a PC: Attempt to Commit a Crime
- Intent to commit that crime, and
- a direct, but ineffectual, act done towards its commission.
142 PC: Peace Officer Refusing to Receive or Arrest Parties Charged with Crime (Felony)
- Any officer with the authority to receive or arrest a person charged with a crime,
- who willfully refuses to receive or arrest such a person.
147 PC: Prisoner Brutality (Infraction and removal from office)
- any officer who
- inhumanely treats or oppresses
- any prisoner under his/her care or custody.
148 PC: Resisting Peace Officer in the Discharge of their Duties (Misdemeanor)
- Every person who
- willfully resists, delays, or obstructs
- any public officer, peace officer, or emergency technician
- in the discharge or attempt to discharge
- any duty of that officer's office or employment.
148.9 PC: Giving False Information (Misdemeanor)
- Any person who
- falsely represents or identifies oneself as another person (real or fictitious)
- to a peace officer
- upon a lawful detention or arrest
- to evade
- -the process of the court, or
- -proper identification of that person by an investigating officer.
149 PC: Assaults by Public Officer (Felony)
- Every public officer who
- under the color of authority
- without lawful necessity
- assaults or beats any person.
182 PC: Criminal Conspiracy (Felony)
- Two or more persons conspire to commit a crime, and
- one person commits an overt act towards its completion.
187 PC: Murder (Felony)
- Unlawful killing of a human being or fetus
- with malice aforethought.
192 PC: Manslaughter
- Unlawful killing of a human being without malice.
- Three types: voluntary, involuntary, and vehicular.
203 PC: Mayhem (Felony)
- Unlawfully and maliciously
- depriving a human being of a member of his body, or
- disables, disfigures, or renders it useless, or
- cuts or disables the tongue, or
- puts out an eye, or
- slits the nose, eye, or lip.