Biology lab equipment
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
measuring cylinder or graduated cylinder
- -used to blot slides dry after making and before viewing glass slides on the microscope
- DO NOT REMOVE PAGES
-used for picking up and moving materials, for instance, plant leaves for making slides
Dropping bottle contains immersion oil for using the oil 100x lens on the microscome
- this oil is special/ it reduces the refraction of light to improve magnified images
-Slides are used with the frosted side up/ you can write on frosting with a pencil
- -with medium(agar) for growing micro-organisms.
- -Has a plastic lid to maintain sterility.
- -used for sterilizing the inoculation loop
-delicate wipin paper cloths for cleaning slides and microscope lenses, not for wiping your nose
- Lens papaer
- -used to clean lenses on the microscopes
Magnetic stir bars
-when palced in a beakier on a stir plate, the bar rotates, mixing the liquids
- -used to measure the acidity or alkalinity of a solution.
- also called Litmus papaer
- -usually contains water and is always labeled
- -Straw goes to the bottom of bottle, so it will not work if you invert it
-used with the stir bar to mix liquids in a beaker
- -some are graduated
- -disposable plastic for transferring small volumes of liquids
- not accurate for measurements
- -metal wire with rubberized hand hold
- -used for transferring bacteria from plate to plate.
- -a inoculation loop is sterilized using dry heat
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview