1. Continental collision margins? Himalayas/Appalachians; extreme mountain building
2. Continental convergent margins? West Coast of North America and South America; deep trench parallel to coast, coastal mountains, volcanoes
- 3. Continental divergent margins? Red Sea, Pacific Ocean - central rift valley, ocean formation (ex. East African Rift)
- 4. Oceanic convergent? Indonesian/Mariana islands - volcanic island arc, trench, maybe low islands from accretion of sediments.
5. Oceanic divergent? Ex. Mid Atlantic Ridge, seafloor spreading - mid-ocean ridge, central rift valley, fracture zone (leads to tsunamis) hydrothermal vents!!!!