Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what is a prokaryotic cell?
- *(Before Nucleus) these guys are cells, but they have no internal membrane bound structures
- *no membrane-bound nucleus or membrane-bound organelles
what is a Eukaryotic cell?
(True Nucleus) do have internal membrane bound structures membrane bound nucleus and membrane-bound organelles
- includes organisms
- such as protists, fungi, animals (including helminths) and plants.
what is an acelluar organism?
these are not made of what would be defined as cells and vary tremendously in form They are not considered alive
- -cow disease
what scientist developed taxonomic system for naming plants and animals and grouping similar organisms together?
Carolus Linnaeus (Swedish)
What did Antonie van Leeuwenhoek (1670s) contribute to microbiology?
- He made excellent microscopes (up to 300x)
- He discovered bacteria in 1676.
- He discovered protozoa “animalcules
- He grouped microorganisms into six categories
what six categories did Antonie Van Leewenhoek group organisms in?
- Small animals
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview